Objectives & Challenges
- Create a customer friendly, interactive in-store touchscreen display to attract and engage photo customers.
- Develop a cost-effective proof-of-concept prototype during test phase prior to investing in injection molded tooling.
Adjustable touchscreen interface kiosk including:
- Molded drawer front can be customized to retailer color preference
- Components include optical drive, media reader and receipt printer
- Easy access to self-contained CPU for repair or upgrade
- In-store sales numbers increased 40% during test period
- Pushed competition out of the space and rolled out 3,700 stores in an 8 month time frame due to our ability to produce up to 200 units per day to a total of 18,722 units.
- Success of the kiosk lead to the development of a number of support products eventually growing the program into a comprehensive launch exemplified by the opening of FUJIFILM’s first ever “Wonder Photo Store”